Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Laundry Day Yet Again


Tuesday was Laundry Day at last! I have not been able to wash my laundry for ten days due to the trip to Oslo and the fact that other tenants had taken all the openings that would have fit into my busy social calendar.

Usually I get into the basement laundry every seven days. No problem today really, just about 50% more laundry to do than normal.

Or so I thought . . .

Six shirts and one Starter jacket
hanging in the hallway.

The reason for this is that someone forgot to replace the key to the drying room. As a result many things had to drip-dry while hanging on door handles.

Hey, that's our poster on the
Library bulletin board

Hässleholm's Rotary Club meets here

This building is only about 100 meters from Icelandia Slott.

Johan Hammarqvist, a Rotarian himself, has invited me to do a 30 minute talk about American football in Sweden to the club in June.

Johan, you mat recall, is the Political Editor for our local paper, NorreSkåne and a blog follower.

I think that my father-in-law, Bill Gardner who was long time Rotarian and former president of the Crescenta-Cañada chapter, would be pleased by this turn of events.

On the walk to practice, Spring is blooming

Good turnout tonight!

We had a very solid workout with a heavy stress on our defense. Only three more practices until our May 8th season opener at home vs. the Limhamn Griffins.

1 comment:

DPLassen said...

Glad to see your poster got better play than the Moosepark.