Monday, November 12, 2012

So, Have You Taken Any Pictures Lately?


Why, yes I have actually . . .

Thanks to Brian FitzGerald's expertise in the world of Apple products, Laurie Contreras' ability to safely ship a package to France and wonder back Brice Rontet's driving and GPS system getting me to the FedEx delivery warehouse in suburban Corbas, I now have my new lap top computer up and running!!!

I will start uploading pictures from the past four weeks in the next few blogposts based on topics rather than my usual day-by-day chronological order.

Surprisingly, my first topic will be . . .


FOOD!!!

This should be my  first stop
EVERY morning

I love bread!

Lots of bread!!

In all shapes and sizes!!!

And SO good for you too . . .

I like sausages too and . . .

Lyon is famous for its sausages

NO!!!

And then there is the cheese . . .

The FABULOUS cheeses!!!

Desserts

Sweet lovely desserts

Gelato is always
a good option . . .

As are crêpes

Oh my . . . 

Rouen's chocolates are
OUTSTANDING!!!

An entire wall of chocolate

Praline based desserts
are nice 

Les Larmes de Jeanne d'Arc


These "Tears of Joan of Arc" are incredible chocolate covered almonds.

REALLY incredible!!!

No sugar here I'm sure

Non-fat as well

Café Life


Of course, much of Lyon's lifestyle revolves around the café scene. 

They are good places to meet friends

Or to stop after an
exhilarating bike ride

Perhaps you want to meet
that special someone for lunch

Or just enjoy a sunny autumn day

Their chalkboard menus
tell you all you need to know


See?

One of my favorites

GREAT but simple cuisine at
Sophie's in the St.-Just district

Oh the aromas . . .

It will fill up quickly
in another 30 minutes

A great place to eat in Rouen

In the La Croix-Rousse district


A cultural must for me the next time I'm up there.

Brats at the Lyon Rugby game

They have wine in France

HUGE wine tasting festival in Lyon

My three wine tasting festival gurus
Ludo Dornier, Mathieu Paredes and
the lovely Floriane Ponsard

Oysters at a Wine Tasting Festival

Ludo made me do it


Smooth with a dash of lemon.

The food and drink in France
is MAGNIFIQUE!!!

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Soooo good to have you back blogging properly!!!

Laurie said...

Soooo good to have you back blogging properly!!!

Laurie said...

Oopps!

David said...

So I'm guessing the second group of photos will also be about food. And the third. And the fourth ...

Olivier R said...

Funny how among hundreds if Lyon bars you have chosen " le café de la cathédrale" as a favorite, a bar where I have spent so many time when I lived in Lyon.